QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

手机号码,快捷登录

搜索
查看: 32336|回复: 244

暴雪发布星际2硬件警告:NVIDIA显卡用户请勿196.75版驱动

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-3-5 12:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
警告所有参与了星际争霸2 beta测试的玩家,请不要安装NVIDIA最新的196.75 WHQL签名版驱动。如果你已经安装了,请卸载并降级到前一版本。没错,事情就是这么严重。很多玩家已经因此损失了他们的电脑或是显卡。同时这个问题也在影响其他的暴雪游戏,请尽快采取措施保护你的硬件。

根据暴雪技术支持的反馈,最新版的NVIDIA驱动会导致显卡的风扇控制失效,造成显卡过热。这么说来,星际争霸2 beta是有可能让你的电脑挂掉的。他们已经在着手进行修正了。

我们得到报告称玩家在使用这些驱动时游戏帧数极低。有可能是因为这些驱动中的风扇控制模块未能正常工作,导致显卡在3D程序中过热。这个问题将影响到魔兽争霸3、魔兽世界和星际争霸2 beta。请卸载这些驱动并降级到旧版本。
发表于 2010-3-5 12:25 | 显示全部楼层
官方声明链接呢,如果造谣的话估计很多ID会被废了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:34 | 显示全部楼层
http://www.incgamers.com/News/21 ... 5-kills-video-cards

NVIDIA 196.75 kills video cards
05 Mar 2010 at 02:26:09 by Tom Hernandez
pc

Several StarCraft II beta testers have reported their PC or video cards have died after installing the NVIDIA 196.75 drivers. The large amount of reports have prompted Blizzard Entertainment to issue an official statement on the tech support forums after identifying the source of the problem.

Some players were blaming the StarCraft II Beta client's latest patch, but a Blizzard Tech Support representative quickly explained the issue is caused by the latest NVIDIA 196.75 drivers.

Blizzard recommended to uninstall the NVIDIA 196.75 drivers, and to downgrade to the previous driver version: 196.21. Starcraft II Beta is not the only application affected, thus this is a worldwide alert to every gamer out there. Blizzard concluded the fans control in this NVIDIA driver is not working properly.

This means every single 3D application (i.e. games) running these drivers is going to be exposed to overheating and in some extreme cases it will cause video card, motherboard and/or processor damage. If said motherboard, processor or graphic card is not under warranty, some gamers are in serious trouble playing intensive games such as Prototype, World of Warcraft, Farcry 3, Crysis and many other games with realistic graphics.

Some EVGA enthusiasts have been able to manually change the GPU fans speed settings using the EVGA Precision Tool to run their fans at 77% speed to compensate.

Blizzard Tech Support representative Datth, posted the following alert to all gamers:

We're getting reports where users are getting intermittent low FPS after installing these drivers. It seems that it is related to the fan control included in these drivers not working correctly and is causing the video card to overheat on 3D applications. This will affect Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2 Beta. Please uninstall the drivers and revert back to the older ones.

* Windows XP
        * Windows XP 64-bit
        * Windows Vista/7 32-bit
        * Windows Vista/7 64-bit

More information can be found on NVIDIA forum threads such as this and this.

We reached NVIDIA tonight for an official statement concerning this worrysome issue, and they quickly replied within less than an hour. NVIDIA's response is:

We are aware that some customers have reported fan speed issues with the latest 196.75 WHQL drivers on NVIDIA.com. Until we can verify and root cause this issue, we recommend that customers stay with, or return to 196.21 WHQL drivers. Release 196.75 drivers have been temporarily removed from our Web site in the meantime.

One of this gamers reported insane egg-cooking temperatures as high as 104'C. Among the complaints found in the Starcraft II Beta forums are the following:

General ScreenshotMy GPU is going almost 100% usage and my temperatures are at 104'C, 1C below max. I'm wondering if it's because StarCraft 2 beta REALLY is a demanding game, or if it's overusing my GPU . Fans are always @ 100% and side case is off. My normal temps for (halo, mw2, oblivion are 80-90C.) in Window mode or fullscreen, doesn't matter. - Velakan.velakan

While playing it has happened several times already. The screen freezes and then i get the msg: Nvidia driver stopped responding and then SC2 closes. I am using the latest video driver.- Aastu.pacemaker

So drivers broke my GTX 295. Who to blame? Blizzard or nVidia? - Sydarm.scwire

**o, I have a Nvidia 9800GT. Well when I found the posts talking about the flashing of screens related to the New Nvidia Drivers, I realized that that was why my previous Video Card went. I spent a week in utter pain and misery wondering what was wrong with my PC. I had Dell send me a replacement video card and even spoke with Nvidia as well since my Direct X versions were all over the place. Well I will not be playing the beta period until I receive notice of a fix from you guys until it is resolved. Well Unfortunately for me the bottom line was StarCraft 2 burned out my PC. I hope you come up with a fix soon, I will be anticipating it so I can resume trying out the wonderful game. Thankfully I have the new card and it was under warranty, but I will resume playing Starcraft 1 until it is fixed :) Thank you for your time and support.

My specs are:
    Dell XPS 420
    6 GB Ram
    Quad Core at 2.39 Ghz
    483GB Hard drive
    Direct X 11
    Vista 32 Bit
    Nvidia GeForce 9800GT- Sniperbwd.zerg

I just downloaded the New Nvidia Geforce Driver 196.75 Windows 7 64 bit version. Well, as soon as I start up Starcraft 2 the game begins to flicker on and off. It just keeps doing this every second or so until the game just crashes. I guess I'll have to resort to my previous drivers to play the game still, but can this be fixed?- Grandkinz.scf

I'm having new issues after properly installing the new drivers from Nvidia located here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_196.75_whql.html (I am using win7 x64). When I launched the game, a black screen appeared and after two minutes the game crashed and generated a report. When I Relaunched the game I got up to the SC2 Loading screen and the game flickered a lot, eventually crashing around 50% of the way through. The 3rd time the game loaded fine, but when I alt tabbed to the desktop and went back into the game the game proceeded to flicker very fast, eventually slowing down to a still image. What else can I include to narrow this problem down?- Omegamerc.omega

I posted this on the general forum and someone suggested that this should be posted in the tech support so that the blues will know about it. This is regaurding the latest nvidia drivers that were released today. Several people including myself have stated that these drivers causes crashes and in my case, the screen flickers in fullscreen mode, once every second. Reverting back to previous drivers solves this problem. Just a heads up. - Strike.exia
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:34 | 显示全部楼层
用心制造谣言有什么意义?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:35 | 显示全部楼层
封贴前占个位
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

头像被屏蔽
发表于 2010-3-5 12:35 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:36 | 显示全部楼层
删帖前留名
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-5 12:36 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:36 | 显示全部楼层
不是造谣,的确官方发布了
http://starcraft.incgamers.com/b ... p-pc-graphic-cards/
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:37 | 显示全部楼层
看来是真的,等NV修正吧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:39 | 显示全部楼层
悲剧,彻底的悲剧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:40 | 显示全部楼层
Originally Posted by Blizzard:
We're getting reports where users are getting intermittent low FPS after installing these drivers. It seems that it is related to the fan control included in these drivers not working correctly and is causing the video card to overheat on 3D applications. This will affect Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2 Beta. Please uninstall the drivers and revert back to the older ones.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

头像被屏蔽
发表于 2010-3-5 12:44 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:47 | 显示全部楼层
这版驱动怎么搞到WHQL的?
jeandja 发表于 2010-3-5 12:43

WHQL只是MS测试一下驱动和一些程序的兼容性,MS可不会给你测游戏兼容性。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:48 | 显示全部楼层
这个问题影响所有重度负载的3D程序。暴雪几天前专门出了一个补丁限制魔兽世界和sc2beta的最高刷新率。最新的消息是问题出自gpu的风扇转速控制失效。

nV已经撤销了这个驱动,不过一些驱动网站(比如驱动之家)貌似还没有反应。

官方建议是卸载驱动,网友建议是用风扇调速软件手动设置转速。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:48 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 whateveru 于 2010-3-5 12:50 编辑

好像是有这个问题,我玩叛逆连队的时候显卡温度上升到61度的时候,转速还是我自己改的BIOS里设置的60%(1000RPM),而转速调整阈值设置是56度启动,好在60%就可以压到61度了....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:51 | 显示全部楼层
嗯,可以理解
大家还是退回老版驱动吧
搞坏硬件没人赔钱的
jeandja 发表于 2010-3-5 12:49

如果在美国,我认为这个问题可以找NV赔钱。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-5 12:54 | 显示全部楼层
如果在美国,我认为这个问题可以找NV赔钱。