查看: 4517|回复: 14
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Skull and Crossbones Theme

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2006-9-5 11:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
近日逛国外几个MOD站,发现了个很酷的骷髅MOD机箱,特转贴与大家共享:)
    Every gamer, boy or girl, thinks about having a nice modded case at least once in his or her lifetime.  Gamers can always go out and purchase an exotic looking case and attempt to do some small modding here and there to create a better look, but we all know how that can turn out.  It is never perfect, at least not without proper tools.  Even if you have the proper tools, without previous modding skills, your case is going to end up looking no better than the ugly Batman case that we have seen a couple of months ago.  Let's face it, case modding can be tough.  
       KickButtComputers is a company located in Southern California, not too far from where I live.  Their business is providing their customers a customizable system with a decked out pimping case.  They understand that PC enthusiasts do not always have the time or the materials or even the guts to whip out the hacksaw and perform surgery on a regular case.  Good thing for us, they know what they are doing.  
      KickButtComputers has a pretty good selection of themes for your new system.  The ones we have seen in the past are the Combat, Drums, Guitar, and Flames themes.  The theme up for today is the Skull and Crossbones.  Girls, there are no pictures of Johnny Depp plastered all over the case (OK lame joke), but there are some very intuitive designs and some very hard modifications done and shown.  Let's get on to the review and pictures so your jaw can drop open and drool.

The first thing that caught my eye about the Skull and Crossbones Theme was the large skull at the bottom front.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the material used for the skull was metal and not some cheap shiny plastic.  Furthermore, the skull is securely fastened to the front intake 80mm fan, through multiple joints.  The skull would not budge when I tried to move it, which is an excellent indication of sturdiness.  This clever position of the skull acts as A记爱好者cy fan grill.  

The entire chassis of the of the Skull and Crossbones is made from scratch pieces of acrylic.  When I saw preview pictures, I thought the case was modded from a pre-assembled acrylic case.  Boy was I wrong!  Imagine picking up six pieces of acrylic and slapping them together to form a case; that is exactly how this case is like.  The case offers four 5.25" drive bays and two 3.5" floppy bays, a typical configuration of a PC case.  The power and rest buttons are located at the bottom right side and are easily accessible.  The left side of the case has a large metallic sheet with a cutout of a skull and crossbones.  At the mouth area of the skull sits the second 80mm I记爱好者ntake.  The back of the case is also pretty standard, with seven PCI slots and a single 80mm exhaust fan.  The very bottom of the case are the front I/O ports--two USB connections, audio jack, and microphone jack.  To allow the use of these front ports, there are cables inside the case that exits through the back and plug into the motherboard.  On the right side of the case is another skull and crossbones artwork.  

On the top of the case is another sheet of metal with a cutout of a flaming skull.  The shape of the skull reminds me of those ghostly heads that fly around in old Castlevania games.  It sure looks like it doesn't it?  Through the flaming skull shaped window at the top revealed a sticker on the DVD-Rom.  

To further add to the Skull and Crossbones Theme, KickButtComputers used thumbscrews made out of real bones to secure the hard drives.  There is also a skull carved out of real bone sitting on the side.  Freaky isn't it?  Real bones!

[ 本帖最后由 paby 于 2006-9-5 12:32 编辑 ]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
2#
发表于 2006-9-5 11:44 | 只看该作者
OMG................太酷了~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2006-9-5 12:04 | 只看该作者
偶胆子小...