回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

2#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-12-21 20:47 | 只看该作者
原帖由 Dirty 于 2005-12-21 20:34 发表
支持Seagate
Rumor是给投资者的作参考?

是指传闻,现已正式发布消息了!

转昆腾 CEO 1999年受采访一篇,回顾历史,1999-2006,这个行业已少QT/IBM/MAXTOR三家外加富士通退出桌面市场!

http://www.globrand.com/onlinebook/zhonghe/dialog/24.htm
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2005-12-22 15:38 | 只看该作者
还剩下三星,日立和西数阿,没有关系的,希望以后的硬盘质量会更好啊!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2005-12-22 23:52 | 只看该作者
希望速度在快点.发展的真慢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-12-23 15:37 | 只看该作者
原帖由 lamkey 于 2005-12-22 15:38 发表
还剩下三星,日立和西数阿,没有关系的,希望以后的硬盘质量会更好啊!

三星,不好说!日立/WD会赢得一些份额,其它的现在只能looking forward...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-12-23 16:35 | 只看该作者
跟踪信息(Tracking Result) #1 :

裁员是肯定的,但看起来MT的苏州工厂会保留欧,人员不好说了,ST对其的产品设计非常满意,会采用一些MT的产品设计,但总体是ST的!买的就是收入,苏州工厂设施,碟片制造能力和人力资源!

以上大致意思是翻译自以下链接,更多自己看,有错误请指正:

CW对ST CEO的采访:
http://www.computerworld.com/hardwaretopics/storage/story/0,10801,107256,00.html?from=story_package

We’re very comfortable with our product road map and very comfortable with our manufacturing and platforms and strategy.

Their China facilities, their media facilities we feel are both state of the art and are capable of going forward with perpendicular [recording technology]. We believe they have a very good brand in that space. I think from an additional engineering resources perspective, they have some good people that we can bring on.

They have some engineering we’re very interested in. I think their enterprise engineering is very good. They have some good engineers in Longmont, [Colo.] and Milpitas [Calif.] As a resource, I look at this as just more good people to add to us.

Any volume or revenue I add to this fixed cost comes in on the margin at a much higher gross margin for us.

Every additional drive I make is a whole lot cheaper than our first one.(这句最牛!)

[ 本帖最后由 HDD 于 2005-12-23 16:37 编辑 ]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-12-30 21:38 | 只看该作者
跟踪信息(Tracking Result)#2 :

Seagate CEO 给全体员工的 Email:

Email from Bill Watkins sent to all Seagate Technology employees on December 21, 2005:

Seagate Technology to Acquire Maxtor Corporation

We’re pleased to share with you some exciting news. As the attached press release outlines, this morning Seagate took an important step in further strengthening our position in the technology industry: we announced our agreement to acquire Maxtor Corporation. We are enthusiastic and optimistic about the results that the combined companies can achieve and the opportunities it will afford our employees.

Our decision to acquire Maxtor was influenced by many factors. By acquiring Maxtor, we gain critical resources—including strategic manufacturing assets—and enhanced operating scale to continue our leadership in the industry, drive product innovation, and maximize manufacturing efficiency. These advantages, combined with our current strengths, position us to deliver more compelling and innovative products, more quickly and at more competitive prices.

Because we realize that events of this kind can spark uncertainty and concern, we will share with you that while it will be necessary to eliminate redundancy among the two companies, as a result of this transaction, we do not anticipate reductions in Seagate headcount or changes to reporting relationships. The combined company will retain the Seagate name and the Seagate management team, and its executive offices will remain in Scotts Valley, California.

This transaction is expected to close in the second half of calendar year 2006, and so for the next several months, for all of us at Seagate it remains business as usual. The goals and objectives we have established do not change, and we must continue to meet our commitments and deliver leadership products to our customers.

Our congratulations and thanks go out to every Seagate employee. Over the past several years, you have worked to make our company a global leader. Now you will help carry it through a new and exciting phase in which we combine our resources with Maxtor’s, and leverage the expanded capabilities to innovate for existing markets and for new opportunities.

Please join us at the next quarterly employee meetings beginning in January, during which we will provide you with more details of this exciting development. You may also visit the joint external transaction website, both today and over the next several weeks, for additional information and updates. In addition, I have also placed this message into my blog, “Bill’s Blog” on my.seagate.com, where you can offer your feedback. Thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Bill Watkins

President & CEO

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edga ... 2505246708/d425.htm

Phase in Phase out 阶段开始了!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-12-21 17:41 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
来自Inquire网消息,这个网链接Wall Street Journal网消息,付费才看得到的,这家网站报道,今天会有正式宣布:

http://theinquirer.net/?article=28482

20个亿,少了点吧?不知真假啊!这个Inquire一向BT!